WHAT IS THE POLICY ON TERMINATION OR WITHDRAWAL?
Please notify the Center Director in writing at least two weeks prior to withdrawal of your child. If parents and Center staff mutually agree that the placement of the child is inappropriate, or feel that the Center is unable to meet the child’s needs and a more immediate withdrawal is necessary, the two-week notice requirement may be waived.
The Center may terminate enrollment for the following reasons:
- Parents failure to pay fees
- Parents failure to comply with Center policies and practices or are disruptive, harassing, continuously rude or threatening to Center staff, children or families
- Parents failure to submit forms required by the Center and the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services Licensing Regulations
- A child’s behavior is creating an emotional or physical danger to other children in the Center; a child requires so much of a teacher’s time that the other children’s needs in the class cannot be met; the child’s needs cannot be met by the program or the child does not benefit from the program. Each situation will be assessed on an individual basis. Timeframes and specific methods will be determined case by case. In all situations, parents will be involved from the beginning.
- The Center is closing. The Center will give a minimum of two (2) weeks notice to parents if the Center is forced to close for reasons other than fire or natural disaster.
Parents and Once Upon a Time staff will work on the above issues first through discussions, then through written plans, if necessary. Parents will be given notice of center-initiated closing in writing.